Friday, September 26, 2008

Chapter XXX: The Chad's Crib



Hi everyone, and welcome to my "crib". I thought I'd spend some time to give you a tour of my home away from home. So come on it and take a look around...

Here we start in my living room. I've got bulkhead to bulkhead carpeting. There is plenty of room for one chair. The fluorescent lighting and beige metal lockers and shelves gives the room a very bright office environment feel.





Let's move over to my bedroom. I have a very roomy twin sized bed. The bed is very firm; it's almost like sleeping on a flat mattress laid on a hard metal shelf. I've changed out the gray wool blankets for my own comforter to add some color to the room. Next to the bed is my walk-up-to closet with my various field clothes.



I have a guest room that's next to my bedroom, well, it's actually it's above my bedroom. It's spacious enough if you're less than 5'6" and have a prehensile tail to help you climb up to the bed.






I also have my own head (nautical term for the bathroom), or as my friends like to call it,"The Reading Room", complete with a shower stall and, most importantly, floor drains. The remarkable thing about this room is that emergency drills and pages occur only once I'm committed to using it. Strange...







Here we have my entertainment center. I have a 17" flat screen TV and DVD player to watch episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Lost. One can only guess why we like to watch shows about people lost on spaceships and stuck on islands while we're at sea on ships or working on islands. Anyway, also on my entertainment center is a desk where I do my work and also write blogs, hopefully for your entertainment. Fortunately the desk is directly in line with my door, so to people passing by, it looks like I'm hard at work when I'm really surfing the web (don't tell anyone, lets just keep this between you and me).



Well, that's about it. Hope you enjoyed checking out my crib. I like it, it's been home for over 100 days this year. It's in a good neighborhood, and the commute to work is very short. The best thing is I wake up to the smell of breakfast cooking every morning...PANCAKES!!

1 comment:

Charles said...

HA! The Chad has a sense of humor. Pancakes...funny. Anyway. Still glad you guys have continued carrying the torch of the blog. Good work on the cruise, we have the best team ever.